बचाना क्रि॰ स॰ [हिं॰ बचना] 1. TransitiveVerb
१. आपत्ति या कष्ट में न पड़ने देना । रक्षा करना । उ॰— (क) बिन गुरु अक्षर कौन छुड़ावै, अक्षर जाल के कौन वचावै ।— कबीर (शब्द॰) । (ख) लाठी में गुण बहुत है सदा राखिए संग । गहरी नदि नारा जहाँ तहाँ बचावे अंग ।— गिरधर (शब्द॰) । (ग) चहूँ ओर अवनी स घने घेरे छवि छवै । महाराज को शुत्रुघात से सजनग वचावै ।— गोपाल (शब्द॰) ।
२. प्रभावित न होना देना । अलग रखना ।
३. व्यय न होने देना । खर्च न होने देना । खर्च करके कुछ रख छोड़ना ।
४. छिपाना । चुराना । जैसे, आँख बचान । उ॰— पीठि दै लुगाइन वी ड़ीठहि बचाय, ठकुराइन सुनाइन के पायल रखना । दूर रखना । जैसे,—बच्चों को सिगरेट, तंबाकू आदि से बचाना चाहिए ।
६. ऐसे रोग से मुक्त करना मरने की आशंका हो ।
७. पीछे करना । हटाना ।
- Free; nimble; sprightly; active.
- To admit; to allow to pass.
- To deliberate.
- To discover; to show.
- To free from, or disburden of, young; to relieve of a child in childbirth; to bring forth; -- often with of.
- To give forth in action or exercise; to discharge; as, to deliver a blow; to deliver a broadside, or a ball.
- To give or transfer; to yield possession or control of; to part with (to); to make over; to commit; to surrender; to resign; -- often with up or over, to or into.
- To make over to the knowledge of another; to communicate; to utter; to speak; to impart.
- To set free from restraint; to set at liberty; to release; to liberate, as from control; to give up; to free; to save; to rescue from evil actual or feared; -- often with from or out of; as, to deliver one from captivity, or from fear of death.
- A bag or sack with its contents; hence, a stock or store; an accumulation; as, a budget of inventions.
- The annual financial statement which the British chancellor of the exchequer makes in the House of Commons. It comprehends a general view of the finances of the country, with the proposed plan of taxation for the ensuing year. The term is sometimes applied to a similar statement in other countries.
- A case or bag stuffed with some soft and elastic material, and used to sit or recline upon; a soft pillow or pad.
- a mass of steam in the end of the cylinder of a steam engine to receive the impact of the piston
- a pad on which gilders cut gold leaf
- A riotous kind of dance, formerly common at weddings; -- called also cushion dance.
- Anything resembling a cushion in properties or use
- the elastic edge of a billiard table.
- To conceal or cover up, as under a cushion.
- To furnish with cushions; as, to cushion a chaise.
- To seat or place on, or as on a cushion.
- To deny the right of the plaintiff in regard to (the suit, or the wrong charged); to oppose or resist, as a claim at law; to contest, as a suit.
- To prohibit; to forbid.
- To repel danger or harm from; to protect; to secure against; attack; to maintain against force or argument; to uphold; to guard; as, to defend a town; to defend a cause; to defend character; to defend the absent; -- sometimes followed by from or against; as, to defend one's self from, or against, one's enemies.
- To ward or fend off; to drive back or away; to repel.